Anyone that knows Brock knows that he is seriously a very laid back and happy baby. He is so easy going and is always down for whatever. The only time he usually fusses is when he is ready for a nap or bed. People are always telling me how lucky I am to have such a good baby....I now realize this. :) Well, it started yesterday....the fussiness that is. I just didn't understand what was going on with him. He didn't want to play by himself....even in the exersaucer. I started to wonder if he was developing attachment issues and wanted me "in his face" all day. Well, he started to even fuss when I changed his diaper....ugh. He had no fever, no runny nose, no signs of new teeth coming in....no symptoms at all besides just seeming "off". I just couldn't put my finger on the strange behavior. I started to worry that we were entering a new phase in his life, and I started to appreciate just how good I had it before....ha, of course. So, this morning I told Will that I think that we should call the doctor to put my mind at ease. I found myself repeating "He just isn't himself." Thank goodness I decided to call because we took him in and he has a mild ear infection w/ a sore throat. The doctor put him on antibiotics!:( Poor guy, he has been fussy because he has been hurting....made me feel so bad. So hopefully this medicine will do wonders and he will be back to normal in no time. He will go back in 2 weeks to make sure it has cleared up. Lesson learned: Always follow your gut!
We also met our new doctor today. She was nice, but it made me miss our old doctor in Fort Smith. It was a cute office, and everyone was super nice. Brock weighed 24lbs. and 2oz today...the boy doesn't go hungry!
Here are some pics from today and yesterday. Also, I have posted 2 new recipes under this post to check out. :)

Here is Brock chatting with my mom today on the webcam. He was so happy to visit with his Grand Jan.

Zwieback Toast was a hit today. I think it kept his mind of of his discomfort, and it helped me to get dinner cooked before Daddy got home....snacks are such great entertainment!

A couple hours after his first dose of medicine....loving his exersaucer again. Yay! This is what he did while we ate dinner tonight. He spent most of the time laughing at Sara. I love his new interest in her lately.

Yes, we are reinforcing bad habits here, but we rarely do this. We can't help but spoil her sometimes. :)

Look at them, they both had their eyes locked in on that steak fry in Will's hand. haha

My smiling dog

My sleepy dog

Yesterday Morning watching Playhouse Disney in our bed

My boys....man, I am one lucky woman!
5 comments:
Hope Brock feels better soon. Poor little guy!!
Thankfully, we have avoided the illnesses (so far)...I know it will come eventually but I'm not looking forward to it. Kate had a stuffy nose when she was about 5 months old and I thought the world was ending....uhhh...can you say crazy mommy???!?
He's so adorable! I know what you mean about him being "off". Price hasn't been himself this week, and I'm worried that he has just decided he doesn't like to sleep! He is usually so good and he will just lay down and take a nap but this week has been a totally different story.
Kate's little (well, actually it's really big) head is as good as new. There was a red/purple spot after it happened and I just knew it would leave a big bump and bruise but nothing is left of it today.
I don't blame you for keepign Brock in the bed with you. It's sooo much easier that way when they don't feel good. I know when Kate had a stuffy nose, she was a loose canon...never knew when she was going to wake up and feel bad and need me.
I wish the kids never got sick or hurt...it's just a part of life though..and it's our job to FIX IT...ha!
poor guy, hope he gets to feeling better. there's nothing like a mother intuition, huh?? We share such an amazing bond with our babies.
my poor baby. i hope he gets well fast!
i love the pictures!
Your smiling dog creeps me out but i love her anyway :)
i cant wait to see you this weekend!
xoxo
Post a Comment