Sunday, January 20, 2008

"Homemade" Chili

Hey, if it's made at home....its homemade right?:-) Well, the cold weather called for chili tonight in the Shepard household. I used a seasoning packet, but I had to add more seasoning because I felt it needed it. I made chili a lot out in Tuscon, but Will said tonight was my best yet....so easy too!:-)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Chili
1 packet of McCormick Original Chili Seasoning
1 lb. of hamburger meat
2 (14.5 oz) cans of diced tomatoes (I use organic)
1 can of kidney beans, undrained (again, I use organic)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder

Cook the hamburger meat in a large skillet. Drain fat.
Stir in Seasoning Mix, tomatoes, beans, and all the other seasonings. I also sprinkle it w/ onion powder and garlic salt. Bring to boil; cover. Reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve w/ your favorite topping. We always do Frito's, cheese, and sour cream.
Good Luck!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I'm making this tonite!