Monday, January 7, 2008

Green Bean and Red Potato Packet

I meant to post this one before I posted the pork chops. This is a side dish that I made last night. It gave me some trouble though. The time on the original was not long enough. Then I lost track of time on how long I cooked this...opps! I found this recipe on a message board that I sometimes visit...enjoy!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Green Bean and Red Potato Packets
Ingredients:1 pound green beans
3 small red potatoes
3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 -2 tbls olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375-
Wash and trim the green beans, wash and thinly slice the potatoes(maybe I didn't slice them thin enough) and toss them into a plastic baggie. Add the oil, garlic, and other seasonings into the bag and shake to coat. Lay a piece of foil onto a cookie sheet (about 12" long) and dump the mixture onto the middle of the foil. Place another piece of foil over top and fold the two layers together to make a pouch that no air will escape from. Place into preheated oven and cook for 20-25 minutes.(I had to cook for almost an hour, yikes!) You may want to check on them after about 40-45 minutes. Transfer to serving dish and top with Parmesan cheese if desired.

No comments: