Friday, September 5, 2008

Horray....The boy has decided to start sleeping!!!!!

All it took was a vacation for him to start wanting to sleep. Will took this week off work so last Saturday we headed up to the lake house to just chill out. Our friends Ryan and Natalie joined us with their two daughters, Vivi and Annabelle, for a couple days. We had such a great time hanging out with them. Anyway, back to the sleep issue. My son just decided that he wanted to start sleeping 7 hour stretches at night. I love it! For example, I put him down to bed at 9:15 last night and he didn't wake up until 4:30am. I fed him and he went right back to sleep until 8 o'clock. Did I mention that I love this! I actually feel rested after getting 6 nights of good sleep.

Well, we did not do much this week at all. We pretty much watched movies, went on walks, and ate. We ate Shangri-la pie 3 nights in a row! I am never going to drop this last 7 lbs if I keep eating like that. hahaha. Natalie was in charge of breakfast and we did the dinners. Natalie cooks one mean omelet...yummy.:) After they headed home, we drove up to Crystal Springs and had dinner with my Aunt Vickie and Uncle Steve. They have a little home away from home out there on a ton of land. Will and Steve went and rode 4-wheelers while Aunt Vickie and I watched "Brock TV". Then the bad weather hit and it seemed to have rained forever. We lost power one night for about 8 hours. Will and I just sat up and listened to the winds that night. I still can't believe that Brock slept through that storm.

Brock is now 14 weeks old and he is changing so fast. He has started reaching for his toys that hang on his bouncy seat. Will started laughing because I started to cry when he figured out how to actually hit them. It is all going by so fast at times. He has developed quite the personality lately too. He loves to hear his own voice and entertains us with it all the time now. My favorite time is in the morning for his first feeding. He can hardly eat because he just wants to flirt with me. He has started this "I'm shy" thing too. He smiles the biggest grin and the buries his head away from you. I just melt when he does this.


Annabelle and Brock at dinner time
Daddy and Brock waiting for breakfast
Vivi pretending it was raining, good thing she had an umbrella:)
Brocks first time in a real bath tub
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Brock has always taken his baths in the little fisher price tub because our bath tub isn't very user friendly. So it was fun to be able to give him a bath in the tub down at the lake. He loved it too.

1 comment:

Sarah and Brad said...

Well thank goodness you guys were just on vacation...I was starting to worry...ha!! Sounds like y'all had a wonderful week and Brock is just as cute as ever!!