Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy 4 months to Brock!

So, yesterday my baby boy turned 4 months old. The shock of time flying by never seems easier. I just feel so many different emotions about him getting older. We went to the doctor yesterday so he could once again be weighed and poked with needles...poor thing! He did great with it though. He just cried briefly, but he was back to smiling moments later.

weight: 19lbs. 15oz. greater than the 95th percentile

height: 25 1/4 inches 55th percentile

head: 17 7/8 inches greater than the 95th percentile


Developmentally at this point Brock is doing great. I love his little laugh because it sounds like it comes from deep in his gut. He is talking up a storm, grabbing his toys, watching objects and people move across the room, and he has great head support. He isn't rolling over but boy does he try. The doc said he probably wouldn't until around 5 or even 6 months due to his large size.

We have broke him of the pacifier last week and next is the swaddle. He has been letting me know here and there when he doesn't want it, but he still needs it to fall asleep the majority of the time. I love the expression on his face when I undo the swaddle and his arms are free. He throws them up and starts doing those sleepy head stretches. I figure I will start next week since things will be more settled and we will be back into our routine.

I have decided that my favorite times of day with him are right when he wakes up and right before he goes to bed. He is such a talker and just squeals with delight at these times. I also love sneaking into his room when I hear him talking to himself after waking from a nap. He is laying there so sweet and he just cuts me a huge grin the minute he realizes that I am there.

The doc said we could introduce cereal at this point which sounded fun. I had bought some last week because I was getting excited at the thought of feeding him with a spoon. I thought we could just try last night to see how he reacted to it. I thought if he hates it then he isn't ready and I will just try again later. He loved the cereal! We tried it last night after we ate dinner, and we couldn't get it to him fast enough. He would get mad until that spoon was right back in his mouth. I was shocked at how easy it all was for him. I figured he would spit it out and hate it, but it came so easy. So, I guess the doctor was right when she said that he would let me know if he was ready.

Here are some pics from our first eating experience and a couple pics before we headed to the doctor's office.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

Sarah and Brad said...

Oh Laurie...he's so cute!!! And so good w/ his cereal...those are cute pics! I am anxious to hear about the swaddle breaking. I am about to embark on that journey with Kate. She's never swaddled when she wakes up but CANNOT fall asleep without it...her hands go crazy! I guess I'll just have to take cues from her about that. Good luck to you!!

Anonymous said...

I just love photo of your husband in the flight suit holding Brock..My fave pics are of Dan in his with the kids.They just warm my heart..Love the pics...what a precious lil guy!!!