Sunday, November 8, 2009

Yummy Macaroni Salad

I have been trying really hard lately to keep some variety in B's diet. It is so easy to get stuck serving the same ol', same ol'. I found this recipe and it looked like a must try, and I am so glad we tried it. Very light and the perfect side dish for little fingers to pick up.
Lighter Macaroni Salad
6 oz uncooked elbows (I used 2 cups of SmartTaste brand)
2 tomatoes, diced
about 1/2 a cucumber, diced
1/4 red onion, finely chopped(I didn't have this so no onion for us)
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1 tbsp white vinegar
dash garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
2.5 oz sliced black olives
salt and pepper

Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.

In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, tomatoes (and any juice from the tomato),cucumber, olives, onion, garlic powder, oregano salt and pepper. Mix well. Add elbows and mix well. After I mixed in the pasta, I did lots of taste tests and added more salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and even a sprinkle of onion powder. This should probably sit in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. Enjoy!

No comments: