
Baked Zucchini Sticks
3 medium zucchini sliced into 3" x 1/2" sticks
1 large egg
1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tbsp grated Pecorino Romano cheese
cooking spray
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt
fresh pepper
3 medium zucchini sliced into 3" x 1/2" sticks
1 large egg
1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tbsp grated Pecorino Romano cheese
cooking spray
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt
fresh pepper
Preheat oven to 425
In a small bowl, beat egg and season with salt and pepper. In a ziplock bag, place breadcrumbs, garlic powder and cheese and shake well. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
Dip zucchini sticks into eggs then into bread crumb and cheese mixture, a few at a time and shake to coat. Place the breaded zucchini in a single layer and spray more cooking spray on top.
Bake at 425° for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with 1/2 cup marinara sauce for dipping.
Quick Marinara Sauce (1 cup)
1 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
1 small bay leaf
1 tsp oregano
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
salt and fresh pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
1 small bay leaf
1 tsp oregano
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
salt and fresh pepper to taste
In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until golden, being careful not to burn. Add crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and bay leaf. Stir and reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer about 20 minutes.






2 comments:
This sounds soooo good. I have to go to a church dinner tomorrow night. I think I might make these.
Can I just say that I love you? Ha! Annabelle NEVER eats veggies (except for asparagus) and I made these for her on a whim the other day AND SHE ATE THEM. Like a ton of them.
Thanks for posting this! She is such a tough little eater if it's green, so this was AMAZING!!!
Post a Comment