Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What a Wonderful Weekend!

Will and I are very blessed to have 3 wonderful sets of Grandparents to be apart of Brock's life. Actually, I guess I should say that Brock is blessed too! Will's parents flew in last weekend to visit and to give a helping hand so that Will and I could have some quality time together. I feel that not only is it good for our marriage, but I think it makes us better parents when we have had a "break."
So, we started out by heading to a Diamond Back game in Phoenix. We got there early and had dinner and drinks at Sliders. I think hanging out here was just as much fun as the game. ;) Thad and Kerry bought these tickets for Will for his birthday. What a treat! The seats rocked and we really did have such a great time. Thanks Memphis Shepard Crew!!!!
We started Saturday with a yummy breakfast at Wildflower (like Panera, but way better). Then we headed to Little Gym. Will's parents really enjoyed watching little man do all his skills and play with his friends. Brock has totally loved Little Gym. He has made so much progress and I catch him trying to do somersaults on his own all the time. He gets his head tucked and up on his tippy toes...then pushes and falls to the side. He sure gets an A for effort!
Next, the real fun began. We put Brock down for his morning nap and hit the road. It is barely a two hour drive up to Sedona so it is a perfect road trip. We stayed at the Sedona Hilton Resort and Spa, and boy it was nice. Check it out here. We layed by the pool, drank adult beverages, napped, ate amazing food, stayed up late, slept in, ate more amazing food, and then did some quick shopping before heading home. It is funny though, as much fun as I had....I couldn't wait to get home to that little boy! He was napping when we arrived, but the minute I heard him stir I ran in there and loved on him bunches. Thanks Grammae and Grandpa for helping out and thanks Will for reminding me why you are such an amazing husband!!!!

Here is Brock with Daddy showing of the outfit and hat we got him at the game. He looked so stinking cute, and he knew it!
Grandpa with his "pecker wood" as he calls him...They bought him two pairs of new shoes while we were gone. Doesn't he look so big in his new tenny's????
This was Brock letting Daddy know he missed him...he gives such good kisses.
Look at Brock's face, he is so happy.
Chillin' with Grammae while drinking his juice. He gets so still when he is in her lap...so sweet.;)
Sedona Pics
The View from our Hotel

We drove up to the airport which is neat because it is on a tabletop mesa. This was a little scenic point we stopped at on the way up. Sedona is just breathtaking. I will never forget this place. :)


1 comment:

Sarah and Brad said...

JEALOUS!!! We need a babysitter so badly! We don't exactly have grandparents lining up to come to OKC...wonder why...ha!! Anywya, it looks like you guys had an awesome time!!! Great pictues!

I told B about the RV last night and he thought it sounded fun. He also suggested maybe we could rent one and go to Fayetteville for a game weekend. I'm not sure if you guys have tkts or not but we have 2 ssn tkts (for home games) and b and w could go to game and we could watch it at the rv site or go shopping or something. Either way, the RV would be fun, fun, fun!!