Let me just start off by saying that life here in Phoenix is WONDERFUL! I love, love, love Arizona and would move here in a heart beat. Will and I lived in Tucson for 6 months as newlyweds and I have missed it out here. We will be here until July 18
th, and I will be loving every day of it. ;)
Will drove out here with his Dad with our cars and the things we couldn't live with out. Brock and I flew out on my 30
th birthday. Will found us a furnished house to rent while we are here, and we are very thankful. I couldn't imagine being in a hotel room for 2 months! yikes!
Here is a huge lizard that lives in our backyard. He looks mean! I spotted him while I was trying to catch some rays during one of Brock's naps one day. He made me squeal when he started to run down this wall! ha!

Mr. Cutie
Patootie himself helping me cook. It is amazing how much entertainment these measuring spoons provide. ;)

It is a full time job....terrorizing Sara. Thank goodness she is so laid back.

My mom came out the week before Brock's birthday. It is so much fun to watch her and Brock play together. They play hard!


Look how cute he is on
Da Da's shoulders.

We took a day trip up to
Sedona and then headed up to Flagstaff with Mom. We had perfect weather and it was such fun!

My men hanging out while we shopped. They did this a lot and I was amazed how patient they both were with us all day.



Such a pretty pic of my Mom!

On the way up to Flagstaff the weather went nuts and it started to sleet. It was wild!

The Big Celebration! I can't believe Brock is 12 months. The past year has just been amazing. It really does change your life forever. I can't remember what life was like with out my little man! So here are his special cupcakes. We picked them up at Sprinkles in Scottsdale. Check out their site
here.


Here is Brock with Uncle Thad. These two have such a special bond with each other, and they have been like this since day one. Brock just lights up around him!

Daddy and the Birthday Boy

Here he is in his special
onesie that Aunt Pammy got him.
Awwwww
Opening his gift from Grandma and Grandpa Spinney
.JPG)
He really never got that interested in the actual gifts, but he really liked the wrapping paper.
.JPG)
Look at him, he is already sticking his hand in the cake.
haha!
Grammae and Grandpa with Mr.
Cakeface.JPG)
Grand Jan with her little monkey
.JPG)
.JPG)
Brock trying to share with Uncle Thad

Love this wagon from
Grammae and Grandpa...Brock just zooms all over in it.;)
.JPG)
.JPG)
Pretty Girl Sara enjoying the backyard. She was actually born in Phoenix. Will and I picked her up while we lived in Tucson. Will was born in Phoenix too!
hehe
She looks so good here
.JPG)
We had a great time celebrating Brock's birthday. The big bummer was that he woke up the day after with an ear infection and then caught a tummy bug on top of that. He was in bad shape for days and it was so hard on us. Thank goodness for
Grammae!!! She saved us big time because at one point we all had the bug except her. She took such good care of us and especially Brock! Thanks again Becky, you really were amazing! You can tell that Brock still wasn't himself in this pic taken the day we took the Grands to the airport.
.JPG)
Here is little man enjoying string cheese. He finally is eating a drinking like a champ again. He is officially off the bottle and loves cow's milk. He has been trying lots of new foods, and he is very stubborn about letting himself do the "feedings." He hates to be fed, and I have to work hard to find lots of finger food items for him. We are now doing eggs with cheese for breakfast, and he loves peanut butter and jelly
sandwiches!
.JPG)
One day we walked down the road to this area where there is a little spray park. We thought Sara would enjoy it and boy did she! She had such a great time!
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
We also took Brock to the park to check out the swings one evening. He loved it, but it took a few minutes for him to warm up to it. He thought it was funny when one of us were swinging too. I love this first pic, he was
sooooooooo serious.
.JPG)
There is a smile! Doesn't he look so big????
.JPG)
Yes, I am nice and
tanless. ;) Focus on the boy!

.JPG)
View from our backyard
.JPG)
We had to bust out the dog crate for this stay. We were worried that Sara may chew something while we were gone so we thought she would be better off in her crate. She must have missed it because I find her laying in it with the door open all the time. Someone else loves the crate too. He thinks he is so cute when he gets inside the crate!
.JPG)
My boys enjoying blueberry pancakes last weekend. There is Sara waiting for Brock to drop some of course!

Looking cute
.JPG)
We bought a little swimming pool at Target last week. I thought it would be something fun to do with Brock. Will put him in on Sunday while I was at the gym, and he seemed to enjoy it.
.JPG)

Well, that is it for now. Sorry it took so long! I now have a little gadget to upload my pics so I will keep this updated better. Enjoy!
13 comments:
THANK YOU!!!!!!! I needed that so much! I miss you all so much!
Awww...I can't believe how much Brock has changed. He DOES look so big!!! And just as cute as ever.
We so wish we could make it out West...maybe when you move there for good...ha! Just teasing...too far!
Loved Brock's bday pictures...he really enjoyed his cake...Kate did too. They're not skeered of a little cake...hahah!!
Glad you finally posted...missed seeing you guys!!
Looks like you guys are having an absolute blast. How wonderful that must be to get to spend the summer in AZ. Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your stay.
Brock is getting so big! I miss you! I'm glad you guys are enjoying it out there, you've taken some beautiful scenery shots and some precious pics of your loved ones. Take care, and hope to see you soon! -Kaylee
Oh and I have no idea what MFY stands for. LOL, I need to change that if I can. -Kaylee
Thank you sooo much for updating. They grow so fast. On another note, why are all the pictures of your mom in her pjs? :)
Cool ! Looked like a serious preflight on the swings, those were my favorite pictures. Loved them all !!!
Oh Laurie he has grown up so much! What a doll! I love the videos too. I haven't been on here in so long, or updated my own for that matter since February. I feel terrible! Life has just been crazy hectic to say the least. Hope you all are doing well and hope to see you soon!
Loved the update on your guys! We sure have missed you in blogland.
Ok, Brock is changing sooo much. I am noticing that he is losing a lil bit of his rolls...tear!!!!
You crack me up on the pics of not looking at you....who cares if you aren't tan...you look GREAT!!!!
Enjoy your time and keep the postings up!
yea! So excited to see you guys - you look so happy and so content in your temporary world and I am grateful you took the time to update! The birthday party was so sweet and I can't believe the sleet on the way to flagstaff! WOW.
Post some pics of your man in the f-16 when you can...I can't wait to see him fly one again!
hugs...
I love seeing the pics but it makes me miss you all even more!! Can't wait until you are back - Brock is changing so fast - your Dad says he hasn't seen Brock in so long that he will be too big to sit in his lap !! lol - Love you all - Jo
wow....what great pics. It look absolutely beautiful out there. I can't imagine getting to see sunsets like that every night.
Love the birthday pics! Brock is such a cutie. I can't believe everyone's kids are turning one. Time is going by TOO QUICK!
The pictures are great! I can't beleive how fast Brock is growing!! Sara and Brock have a true friendship, nothing like a boy and his dog, all little boys should have one!
Post a Comment