Wednesday, February 18, 2009

There is a hole in my garage floor! :)

With living in Oklahoma comes tornadoes, with tornadoes comes storm shelters. After lots of reserach, Will and I decided on a flat safe storm shelter. Check it out at http://www.flatsafe.com/. Here are the pics from our garage. They arrived this morning around 8 and were gone by 1. It wasn't too noisy either, Brock took his morning nap just fine. A house alarm system and a storm shelter......a girl couldn't feel better about her family's safety!


This doesn't look that deep but it is. Will can stand up in it so it is deeeeeep. :)


7 comments:

Pam said...

SCAREDY CAT!!! :)

you have a HUGE garage!

you can hide from the serial killers in that hole..ha ha!

Laura said...

oh my goodness....that looks incredibly safe and scary at the same time. I get a little clausterphobic though so I am sure that is why.

funny you should mention blurb...I am in the process of putting his book together using blurb. I can only do it on my work computer though so I just get a page or so finished every now and then. At this rate I'll be done with year 1 just in time for his 2nd birthday. =(

Natalie said...

Really?!? Y'all are too cute. You now have a hidey hole :)

Jen said...

That is absolutely too cool for words! I want one, too!

~*~ME~*~ said...

okayyyy... how come i don't have one of those... and never have.... and have lived here almost my entire life!?!?!?!

(sigh) are you claustrophobic? LOL

Sheila said...

Looks like a coffin with stairs. You might want to think about keeping some lawn chairs down there. Brock will have a kick @#& hiding place from you when he gets a little older!

Adrienne said...

Sweet! Drew would LOVE that. Not that he could enjoy it b/c he'd be at work tracking the storm, but still.. That would make me feel so much better living in Oklahoma! Can you, Will, Brock and Sara all fit down there??