Friday, July 25, 2008

Yesterday My Baby Turned 8 Weeks Old!

My baby boy is moving out of the newborn stage more every day. I find myself saying "I can't believe how fast time has gone by since when brought him home" all the time. As I am typing this he is napping in his crib like a big boy. He is still sleeping next to me in his bassinet at night though. I think all of his little noises drive Will crazy in the night but I am going to miss them so so much. I promised to make the transition completely to the crib after his 2 month checkup next week. I think I will feel better with him sleeping close by that night after his shots. Speaking of checkup...I am so curious how much he weighs now and how long he has gotten. We weighed him a couple weeks ago and he was around 13 or 14 lbs already. He has his 2 month appointment next Wednesday. I am so nervous for him!


Will said he feels as though Brock changes everyday, I would have to agree. Brock has started smiling A LOT more and it's so gosh darn cute. He is also making lots of noises. He seems to talk the most while getting his diaper changed. :o) Brock is growing out of a lot of his clothes. He is wearing mostly 3-6months with a few 6 month outfits. It's crazy that our 2 month old looks more like 3 or 4 months old. Oh, he has also discovered the ceiling fan in our room. I laid him on our bed the other day for a second while I got dressed. When I went to pick him up, I noticed that his eyes were fixed on the fan. I bet he thinks....Wow! That is one huge mobile! haha!



All in all, Will and I are both amazed at how wonderful of a baby Brock is turning into. He's so content and happy the majority of the time. He is finally adjusting to life outside the womb. We are both really enjoying parenthood!! :0)
God has truly blessed us with a wonderful child and we thank God everyday for Brock!!!
Aunt Pammy took this one last night
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This is today after a bath. First time in anything "jean" material. :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Look at those lashes and I love his perfect little lips!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Laurie,
You have such a precious baby. I love all his rolls, chunky babies are the best.