Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Rice Krispie Treats

I have to admit that I have never actually made these. Now I wish that I hadn't because I can't keep my pregnant paws out of them...yikes! I used a different recipe than the one on the box, and I think they taste great. Enjoy!
Rice Krispie Treats
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
1/4 cup of butter (1/2 a stick)
1/2 tsp of vanilla
5 cups of miniature marshmallows
5 cups of rice krispies

Coat a 9 x 13 (if you like them thicker use a smaller dish) dish with Pam. I used butter flavor.
In a large saucepan, melt the butter or margarine over low heat. Add the vanilla. Melt the marshmallows into the margarine, stirring. Once they are melted add the cereal; stir until cereal is coated. Quickly pour into the prepared pan. Use a sheet of waxed paper or buttered spatula to press the mixture down flat and evenly into the pan.
Let set for 2 to 3 hours. Cut into squares.

No comments: