Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cool 'n Easy Strawberry Pie

This week when I got the Food and Family Kraft magazine in the mail, I just drooled over the picture of this pie. It sounded so yummy, and I am such a nut over desserts these days. So, I made this pie this morning. We really enjoyed it. I hope you get a chance to make this one.
Cool 'n Easy Strawberry Pie
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
2/3 cup boiling water
1 pkg. (4-serving size) Jell-O Brand Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
Ice cubes
1/2 cup cold water
1 tub (8oz.) Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping, thawed
1 cup chopped strawberries
1 ready to use reduced fat graham cracker crumb crust (6oz.)
1 cup of sliced fresh strawberries


Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl at least 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to cold water to measure 1 cup. Add to gelatin; stir until slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice.

Add whipped topping; stir with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in chopped strawberries. Refrigerate 1 hour or until mixture is very thick and will mound. Spoon into crust.

Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight until firm. Top w/ sliced strawberries. Store in refrigerator.

2 comments:

RADstitches said...

I can't remember how I got to your blog, but I am DIGGING all the food! I will be checking in for cooking ideas! Especially for Pokeno!

Anonymous said...

I made this the other day from the same mag. It is a great recipe and not too bad for you either. I hope you and baby are doing well.
Angie