Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Spicy Garlic Lime Pasta

This meal made me a bit nervous while I was making it. I heard many rave reviews of it, but it never sounded like something that I would really like. I was wrong on this one. Will and I both really enjoyed this meal tonight. It was nice to have something a little different. I really couldn't taste the lime flavor, but it all just blended so nicely. I think next time I will try to add a bit more cayenne pepper. I think it could be just a bit more spicy. I hope you give this one a try...enjoy!
Spicy Garlic Lime Pasta
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Ingredients:
1 cup chicken broth
2 tbls lime juice (adjusting amount to your liking)
1 tbls corn starch
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (you might could add 1/4 instead)
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried parsley
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
1 tbls butter
Few drizzles of olive oil
8 oz pasta (I used rotini)
1-2 cups broccoli florets
Optional - Parmesan cheese or mozz. blend for topping
Directions:
1) Bring pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. During the last 5 minutes of pasta cook time add the broccoli into the boiling water. Drain.
2) Mix together all the sauce ingredients (chicken broth through parsley) and set aside.
3) Meanwhile, heat butter and olive oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add bite size chicken pieces into heated pan. Cook chicken until no longer pink. Pour the sauce ingredients into the pan with the chicken and bring to a simmer. Let simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
4) Toss cooked broccoli and pasta with the chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired and serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.