Monday, February 11, 2008

Chicken Stuffed Shells

I had today off so I decided to make something yummy for dinner. I'll admit that I wasn't sure about this recipe when I first read the rave reviews on my cooking board. I've been holding on making it for months now.
Will and I LOVED these stuffed shells and they will definitely be repeated sometime soon. They are easy to make for a nice weekend meal or fancy enough for a dinner party, and can be made ahead and frozen for another time...plenty for leftovers.

Chicken Stuffed Shells
(looking for recipe's original source....)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Ingredients:
15 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
2 teaspoons oil
2-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
8 ounces cooked chicken
1(15 ounce) container fat free ricotta cheese
1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 (28 ounce) can low fat marinara sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp parsley
Parmesan cheese for topping

Heat oven to 400 degrees
Spray large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
Cook pasta shells according to directions and drain
Boil chicken and shred
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat
Combine chicken and garlic, cook for 3-5 minutes
Remove from heat and stir in ricotta, breadcrumbs, parsley and salt and pepper to taste
Spread 1/2 cup sauce in the bottom of the baking dish
Fill cooked shells with chicken mixture and place filled sides up in baking dish
Pour remaining sauce over shells
Bake covered with foil for 15-20 minutes, remove foil and continue baking until filling is lightly browned
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.

No comments: