Monday, February 18, 2008

French Dip Sandwiches

These are soooo delicious, and yet another reason why the crock pot is so fantastic. This is a recipe that comes from the crock pot cookbook Crock It, By Barbara Murray I'm looking forward to trying more recipes from this book.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Crock pot French Dip Sandwiches
Serves 4-6
3 lb boneless beef chuck roast
1 pkg onion soup mix
1 10oz can of beef broth + 1 can of H2O (I forgot to add the water, just make sure your liquid covers the meat)
French rolls, sour dough bread, or hoagie rolls

In a medium bowl whisk together the broth, water and soup mix. Trim any excess fat off of the meat. Add meat to crock pot, then pour broth & soup over it.
Cook on low 6-8 hours. Remove meat to a large bowl or plate using a slotted spoon. Use two forks to shred up the meat & remove any excess fat. Toast the bread and make sandwiches with the beef (you can add some horseradish to them if that is your flavor) serve with a bowl of the au jus from the crock pot for dippin'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, here is the site i was talking about where i made the extra cash, I was making about $900 extra a month...
check it out ..

Anonymous said...

hey, here is the site i was talking about where i made the extra cash, I was making about $900 extra a month...
check it out ..