Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Fathers Day!

It is kinda of sad because today is such a special day, but both of our Dads are working. So we are going to be celebrating Fathers Day on Monday and Tuesday this week. I haven't had anything to post in a long time because Will has been in Las Vegas for work since last Sunday so this cook has been off duty. The nice thing about him going out of town is that I can indulge in all of my "girly" food that he doesn't enjoy.


As some of you may know we had our 80's theme party last weekend and it was a huge success. We had a great time w/ all of our friends. Will dressed up like Richard Simmons and I just wore random pieces that I consider 80-ish.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Now that Will is back we have been enjoying our time together. We went on a fun date Friday night. We went to Landrys Cafe to enjoy the great Cajun food and listen to the live band. Then last night we had my cousin, Mryranda, and her boyfriend, Scott, over for dinner. We just did a fun taco night. I made my first attempt at guacamole last night. I know, I know...how hard can it be. Well, the recipe that I had found turned out great. Myranda is not of fan of guac so the boys and I ended up cleaning the bowl by the end of the night.

Holy Guacamole!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Ingredients
·4 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded
· 1 tsp ground cumin
· 1 ripe, medium Roma tomato, seeded, diced
· ½ Cup minced sweet white onion
· 2 serrano chilies, seeded, minced
· ¼ Cup chopped cilantro leaves
· 4 Tbsp fresh lime juice
· Hot pepper sauce, sea salt, white pepper to taste

Instructions
1. Cut avocado in large chunks and mash coarsely in large bowl with a fork. Add remaining ingredients and blend gently - leaving some small chunks is fine. Taste and adjust seasoning with more pepper sauce, salt and pepper if desired.

No comments: