Sunday, May 20, 2007

It's a Celebration!

Wow. That's all I got to say. My husband really gave me the best birthday weekend ever. Those of you that really know me, know how hard it is to surprise me. Well, he did it. He worked really hard and wouldn't tell me a thing until Friday after work. His birthday card said to pack a bag and that's it. So, Friday night he took me up to Fayetteville and we stayed at the Inn at the Mill and had dinner at James at the Mill. It was so much fun, and we really stuffed our selves. It was nice to have that one on one quality time together.

We shared a bottle of wine and started off w/ Szechuan style baby back ribs with celeriac remoulade, pickled ginger, spiced peanuts, scallions, and hoisin-miso-rice vinegar BBQ for an appetizer. Then I had the Seared center cut tenderloin of beef with wild mushroom hash in potato cage, truffled asparagus and reduced red wine sauce for my entree and will had Hickory grilled bone-in ribeye rubbed with Adobo sauce on tomatillo salsa fresca, asparagus, hollandaise, blue and red tortilla chips and reduced red wine sauce. I am not kidding when I say the food was the best. I would recommend the restaurant to anyone.....so yummy!

Here is a pic of Will's dinner:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here is a pic of my dessert:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Then Saturday he told me we were heading home to pack another bag. He then took me to Little Rock for the Kenny Chesney concert. What a great time we had. The concert was truly one of the best that I had been to in a long time. He sung all of his greatest hits....it was just so much fun!

It was a very busy weekend. We definitely crashed and burned hard on Sunday night.