I try to make a lot of chicken recipes, therefore I am always on the lookout for a new way to dress up an old standby. It becomes hard sometimes because I like to cook based on nutrition and Will likes to eat based on taste. I came across this recipe for Chicken Bruschetta back in Tucson, and we both totally love it. Lots of taste and its even healthy!

Chicken Bruschetta
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breasts
Cooking spray
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
1 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced (about 5 ounces)
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup chopped plum tomato
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Preheat broiler.
Combine garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl; sprinkle chicken with garlic powder mixture. Place the chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray, and broil for 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove the chicken from pan, and keep warm. In celebration of the hot weather, we decided to grill the chicken tonight.
Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, mushrooms, zucchini, and minced garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, tomato, onion, basil, and vinegar; sauté 3 minutes. Serve the vegetable mixture over chicken; sprinkle with cheese.
I usually make garlic bread for Will to go w/ this one. My favorite is when you can grab some of that french bread at Wal-Mart right while it's still warm.






No comments:
Post a Comment