Tonight Will and I are headed to two of our good friends house...they are having a Cinco de Mayo party. I have made a dessert to take w/ us. I made Margarita Cupcakes. I got this recipe from another food blog and I only made one change that I noted in the directions. So easy and so yummy tasting.

Margarita Cupcakes
9 oz Margarita mix (such as Mrs. T’s or Bacardi)
3 oz tequila (Sauza Conmemorativo is a house-fave)
3/4 oz Grand Marnier
White cake mix
3 egg whites
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp lime zest
1 recipe Lime Buttercream Icing (recipe follows)
Mix together the margarita mix, tequila, and Grand Marnier in a large glass or spouted bowl. You will use 1 1/4 cup of this in the cupcake mix. Pour the remainder over a small glass of ice and drink (make another double batch to drink while you’re baking). I did not however want to have a margarita while I baked so I picked up margarita mix that already had the alcohol in it instead.
In a stand mixer, add the cake mix, egg whites, vegetable oil, lime zest, and 1 1/4 cup of the margarita mixture. Mix on low for about 30 seconds and then increase to medium speed for two minutes (the batter will still be a bit lumpy).
Spoon the batter into a prepared muffin pan (fill the cups somewhere between 2/3 and 3/4 full) and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick registers “done” in the center cupcake. Remove the pan from the oven and cool 5 minutes. Remove the cupcakes and cool completely on a baking rack.
Once the cupcakes have cooled, make the icing and ice the cupcakes.
Lime Buttercream Icing
3 cups + 3 Tbsp confectioner’s sugar
1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
1/8 tsp salt
1 Tbsp lime juice
green food color
Add the butter, confectioner’s sugar, salt, food coloring, and lime juice to the stand mixer and mix on low using the paddle attachment until combined. Turn the speed to med-high until the icing is fluffy. Taste - add additional lime juice and mix again if necessary. Ice the cupcakes using a spatula/knife.






4 comments:
I love your food blog!
You are so stinkin' creative!
I can't wait to steal all kinds of yummy recipes!
Love you!
Pam
This is very cool! I can't wait to try some of your recipes.
Love Aunt Vick
Hey Lady,
You are a nut. I love the page. Can't wait to try the Margarita cupcakes. My favorite drink...in an edible form. I'm going to e-mail you a recipe I tried with Matt on Friday. He loved it, and it was somewhat healthy. :) Keep 'em coming.
Love,
Toni
Hey Cuzn! your cupcakes were so good and fun. I cant wait to try your recipes. I luv ya!!
Post a Comment