Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lots of Pics

There are lots of pics that I wanted to share from our visit home and my trip to Vegas so bare with me. ;)

Here are a couple pics from our first night home. We met up with my Dad and Jo-Ann at Cheddars for some dinner. Brock was hilarious this evening, and he had my Dad wrapped around his little finger. Dad walked all around the restaurant with him, I think so he could show off his grandson. He stopped to show Brock the fish tank, but Brock was more interested in the little girl looking at the tank. hehe


He was interested in Grandpa's beard here.


Look at Brock's face. It is like he is saying, "Grandparents...sheesh!";)


One Day we headed to the mall with Aunt Pammy and David to meet up with my friend Georgia and her two boys. While we were there, Brock got the chance to meet the Easter Bunny. I was surprised that he sat in his lap because he seemed very shy when we first walked up to him. He would just look at him with this "I just ate something gross" face. He did great though.

I love this boy! Look at those eyes....why do they have to grow so fast?????


One day we went to Aunt Pammy's to just hang out all day. Here is a pic with all the kiddos that were there. Hannah is such a good helper with Brock....she loooooooves him so much. She is always saying, "Can I hold him?"

I had my first big "break" a couple weeks ago too. Brock stayed with grandparents, and I flew out to Las Vegas to hang out with Will for the weekend. I only cried once.hehe :) I had so much fun with Will! I got there Friday night, and he was waiting at the airport with a big bouquet of flowers. My favorite part of Vegas has to be Gelato from the Belagio. I have been dreaming of this place since the last time we were in Vegas right after we were engaged. So, if you go to Vegas, you must get gelato at the Belagio!!!! There are a lot of cafes that sell it, but it is the cafe with the chocolate fountains that has the best. I always get coconut flavor...it is to die for! While in Vegas we had our fair share of adult beverages and did lots of gambling. Will taught me to play black jack, and I absolutely loved it. :) We went to the show Cirque du Soleil O one night and oh my goodness, it was amazing....I can't even describe it...super cool! Our last day was spent enjoying a tasty burger from In and Out Burger, followed by 190 octane drink from Fat Tuesdays, and front row seats on the roller coaster at New York New York. Needless to say, I went to bed at 5 that night...haha! We woke up at 9, ordered food, and were quickly back to sleep before 11. :) I got home before dinner on Monday, and it felt great to see my boy again. Thanks so much Grand Jan, Mark, and Grammae for taking such good care of Brock!!!!!


I did not take many pics in Vegas, but I will share what I got. :)


This is what pure satisfacton looks like.
Dorky ol' me in front of the chocolate fountains.

Wasted away again in Margaritaville.....just kidding, well maybe. :o)

Isn't he handsome....man do I miss him!!! I love you Will!!!!

Loved this Day! It was so great to just goof off with my guy.
While away, my mom bought Brock a walker and it has been pure entertainment....for everyone! Notice the purple monkey in his hand, he has a favorite toy now. He loves to carry it everywhere and talks up a storm to it.

Grand Jan fed this boy good while we were home. He had homemade pancakes a few mornings, and here he is eating biscuits and gravy...yum, yum. Also, Grand Jan shared her fudgesicle with him while I was in Vegas. She got in trouble by Daddy Will....hehehe! I think she would say it was worth it. :)

What is it about wooden spoons???? Future Rock Star on our hands.

He knows he looks funny in his hat. He lights up when you put something on his head...so funny. He dies laughing when I put a diaper on my head too.

One day Aunt Vickie and Mia came over to play. They were both so busy together. Mia is walking now but wanted to try out the walker of course. When Brock was in it, she would climb on the back to ride with him. Don't worry, we would hang on to her so she wouldn't fall. :) It is so neat to see them play together.


Look at her, I love her so much!

Notice the explosion of toys.....

He was super fascinated with the washer at Grand Jan's too. This pic was taken after he noticed us peeking at him. He realized my mom and I had snuck up behind him, and instantly started flirting with us. Such a ham!

Saturday we(and Pam's crew) went to Monta's annual Easter Egg Hunt at Shadow Lake. It was a beautiful day too. Brock had a blast, and Monta spoiled him rotten. I think we left we a handful of Easter prizes. Good food and good company! Thanks Monta!




When we got there Monta was wearing these bunny ears, but she soon decided that Brock looked much cuter in them. hehe He knew he looked cute too because every time someone would stop to visit with him, he would totally cheese it up and giggle. He is so much fun!

Here is a pic of my Dad at the mall with Brock. He was so cute pushing the stroller around. We met dad and Jo there for a nice lunch and a little shopping. Again, we had a good time. Dad insisted that he push the stroller the whole time....I loved it.

Easter dinner at Grand Jan's was very nice this year. Aunt Vickie made a killer ham and mom made her famous green beans and mashed tators. Brock and Mia went to town on her green beans and tators. It was so great to hang out with everyone one last time before we headed home. We probably won't make it back to the Fort until August or September so it was hard to say goodbye this time.

Here is Miss Helper Hannah. Doesn't she look pretty in her pretty shirt???? Her shirt had glitter on it which means that Brock was very festive looking by the end of the day.




Look at the old folk...bahahaha! Just kidding, I think this sure is a good looking group of grandparents!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


This was the group shot of all of us "kids."

Here is the first one though, I don't remember why we are cracking up, but I love it....it is the real us!
This one was taken Easter Morning. Brock really likes Mark, and decided to take a moment to love on him while crawling all over the two of them.

Overall, we had a such a great time those two weeks. I came home Monday morning, and it already feels boring. My mom was such a huge help to me while I was home, and I really enjoyed being home. It was so nice to wake up and there be coffee made, and some mornings she would hear us and get a bottle ready for Brock. It was the little things...thanks Mom! You would think she would be glad to see us go after exploding in her house for two weeks, but she boo hooed all morning Monday. I hadn't even got out of Greenwood and she called to make sure I didn't want to stay a couple more days. She said, "We can unpack ya just as fast as we packed ya." She was cracking me up! Will comes home Saturday, and we are so excited to see him.

3 comments:

Sarah and Brad said...

What a fun 2 weeks you've had! I'm worn out reading about it though..ha!

The part about your mom tugged at my heart. We Skype with DeDe (my mom) almost every day and she usually ends the conversation in tears because she can't hold Kate or hug me. It's sad.

Looking forward to our little visit!!!

Laura said...

Those are great pics Laurie. Looks like you had a wonderful couple of weeks. I love the pics of Brock with the bunny ears. He is such a cutie!

One day at a time said...

Love Love Love!!!!! So glad you had a good time in Vegas with your hubby!