Wednesday, April 29, 2009

11 Months Old!!!!!


Can you believe it? 11 months today? My baby boy is so close to turning a year old. It is so neat and exciting to watch him grow and learn every day, but it also makes me sad to think how fast it really goes by. Being around a newborn last weekend really put things into perspective for me....Brock has changed so much! I feel like every month I say "this is my favorite month" so far. :) He is such a busy boy these days.

Things he is does...off the top of my head:


  • Loves to eat, and I have learned not to bring the following into view until he has finished eating....Gerber Yogurt Melts and Gerber Lil' Crunchies. He goes nuts over these, and he will protest to eat anything else once in site.

  • Drinking 2 bottles (am and pm) and two sippy cups(lunch and snack). I really hope to be rid of the bottle completely by the 12 month mark. We'll see......

  • He loves bath time and has no fears about the water. He likes to crawl around on all fours in the water and puts his face down in the water often. I like to call him my little burrito once he is all wrapped in his towel.

  • He has 4 teeth and two more on the way up top. I think they are bothering him because I have heard him wake crying a few times at night lately.

  • He loved meeting baby Cooper, but got very jealous when I would hold him....kinda of cute.

  • He loves crawling around the house, and he loves to look out the windows in the living room.

  • He pulls up on everything, and has had a few falls during this learning process.

  • He walks great while holding your hands and in the walker, but he has only balanced once for a second with no hands. He gets really tickled when you try to help him stand on his own. I think he thinks it is a game.

  • He is clapping and waving hi and bye. Sometimes when you clap he waves both hands like a politician.

  • He LOVES music, I think love is still not a strong enough word to describe it. He gets so funny when a good song is on. I have the Hot Dog song on my phone and he just goes nuts over it. The boy has rhythm!

  • He jibber jabs like crazy, and loves to hear himself yell. He is great with saying the sounds Ma, Da, Na, Ba.

  • He knows when he is being cute, and really has developed a sense of humor. Sometimes he just laughs because someone one else is laughing.

  • He loves to play peek a boo, and hide under burp cloths or blankets.

That is all I can think of for now. ;) He is just so much fun, and I really can't imagine what life was like before he arrived. He brings so much joy to our family! Happy 11 months Brock Andrew!!!!!!


1 comment:

One day at a time said...

I was the same way...."oh I love this month, no this month is better, wait he is walking, wait now talking.....YIKES!"

J/K it is all so exciting!