Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Special Visitors

We are huge fans of the Thomas family, and we are so grateful that they only live a little over an hour away. Sarah and I planned a visit for this past Saturday so we could venture over to Chickasha for their "famous" festival of lights. We enjoyed their company most of the day and after dinner we drove to see the lights. We drove 40 minutes there to enjoy about 5 minutes of light viewing. haha! We weren't prepared for how cold it was and the kiddos just didn't dig the cold weather. Especially Brock who really didn't enjoy being stuck in the wagon freezing his little booty off. ;) We decided it was best to head back to Lawton and enjoy a stop at Braums on the way home. The main thing was that we all had a great time and as usual a wonderful visit!
Here are the kiddos exchanging gifts. They were too cute!
Brock checking out his new book. He loves carrying it around on his arm like a purse. :)
Kate and Brock enjoying some outside play time.
Look at that smile on Kate! We just loved her hat too.
They crack me up, they look so cute playing.
Full speed ahead.....you can tell they are really concentrating on running.
I think I will end this post with a couple pics I took of my little booger today. First you will notice the hat. This is Dad's fave hat and Brock loves wearing it. It has mastered the skill of putting it on himself lately. It always makes me smile when I turn the corner and see him sporting Dad's hat backwards while he plays. Second, you will notice the chocolate running down his face and on his shirt. The boy finally decided that he likes sweets so I have to share now. We decided it was a good idea to enjoy a York Peppermint Pattie together after lunch today. It was a nice treat!:)



We are hitting the road for home tomorrow after my doctor's appointment. I am so excited to spend Christmas in Fort Smith with all of our families and friends. We hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas!!!!

1 comment:

Sarah and Brad said...

Love this post, Laurie!! We had the best time!!! We adore you guys and can't wait to see you and catch up next week.